Monday, August 4, 2008

My new favorite sites...

I love stumbling across a great new website, I found these one night and stayed up way too late reading through them!

I never grew up http://inevergrewup.net/
We have been using some of the alphabet ideas and it has been a great source to find some more kids music to request at the library.

Makes and takes http://www.makeandtakes.com/
we did the paint mixing this afternoon and we're planning on doing the There's a Wocket in My Pocket activity tomorrow. We made the recycled crayons one afternoon, they don't color as well as we thought they would but it could be due to the fact that we have cheap crayons! The Muffin Tin Mealtimes have been a hit at our house!

Small Notebook http://smallnotebook.org/ has encouraged me to try and curb our spending this month and get rid of stuff!

And finally Simple Mom http://simplemom.net/ I love her ideas for dinner. I hate having to try and decide what to fix to eat each night and I thought having a theme for each night of the week was a good idea...I did it last week and it seemed to work and I am planning on doing it again this week. I don't know if I will be able to plan the whole month but at least I've got an idea of where to start!

3 comments:

grandmaaleen said...

These favorite sites are excellent, Marisa! Thanks for sharing.

At "artfulparent.wordpress.com" I found some great homemade recipes for cleaning spray, tile cleaner, laundry and dishwaher soaps that are inexpensive and use natural products. I'll compare them with some others that I have using vinegar, soda, borax, and other super and safe cleaners.

It was fun talking with the girls last night! They loved the swimming birthday party. They finally got to visit with the boys, too. Love to you all!

Carly said...

Awesome, I am excited to check some of them out- I love the girls in their pioneer get ups- so cute! We would love to see you guys when Celeste visits- maybe we could drive up?

melissabastow said...

You seemed to be SO much more organized and together than I am!! We try to have craft time....once a week (month) or so. And even thinking about having a theme for dinner each night of the week...yeah...I'm lucky to get any dinner made. You're amazing! Teach me. :)