Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What will we do now?

The past days, weeks, and months we have spent many hours working on Prop 8 and now it is over, hurray! And even better it passed! I truly call it a miracle and I know that God's hand was with us and the many others who joined forces over the last few months. As you can see even the littlest ones in our family know how to help, as Justin was preparing to paint his last round of big signs, Lyndie ran down the side of the house grabbed some gloves and paint and headed for the big yellow signs.

I am afraid my kids are going to be quite bored in the car now and we'll have to revert back to singing High School Musical all the time as the sign are disappearing and we can't play, "Look there's a YES sign!" game anymore. What really got me was last week when I was driving around in the afternoon trying to get Lyndie to go to sleep, she's learned to climb out of her crib...it makes naptime very difficult!, and I hear her little voice say, "sign" and sure enough she is pointing to a sign. Our kids have been real troopers through all of this and certainly did their part too! I can't wait for this Saturday, we have no plans!

Just let me get through the tomorrow and we'll be home FREE! Tonight was Wonderful Wednesday at church and since my enrichment leader got released a few weeks ago many of the responsibilities fell on my counselor and I. We had a good turnout, we combined with another ward and the ended up inviting the other 2 wards in our city as well. I enjoyed my few minutes in between things when I could just visit with people. Tomorrow I agreed to host a baby shower in our home for a girl that grew up in the ward. Oh well, at least my house will get cleaned! Oh, wait I have to do the cleaning don't I?

8 comments:

Max and Diana Brown said...

Cleaning should be against the law!! (don't you agree?? ha,ha) I was so happy pop 8 past!! We were praying for it to pass!! It was thanks to members like you guys!! and (the Lord, ofcouse) THANK YOU!! We will miss you on Thanks giving!! Love ya!!

Tanya said...

Hurray! We were so happy to see that all the hard work and prayers paid off.
We miss you guys, its nice that we've got these blogs to keep us up to date.
Glad to hear all is going well in your calling.
Who's baby shower is it? I'm sure it'll be great. I need to have "events" or special visitors at my house at least two or three times a month to keep it clean and in order.
We love you, keep up the good work!

Shelley Brown said...

Way to go California!!!

Jodi said...

Your family is such a good example for me and my little brood. (Thanks)

It's so gratifying to know that all the countless hours we all spent on Prop 8 paid off in the end. Now if only we could get the protesters outside of the LA temple to go home.

katie and co. said...

I don't know how you got through it. We spent tons of time here on Prop. 102 in Arizona and I know it's NOTHING compared to what you guys did with Prop 8. It really is a miracle that it passed. THANK YOU for doing your part!

The Keeles said...

siento que escriba en espanol , pero mi ingles no es bueno hablado y es mucho peor escrito. les amamos, y sabemos del gran esfuerzo que han hecho por la propocicion 8 , Sabemos que ha sido el Senor quien a estado detras de todo y las oraciones de los santos ,Grasias por su fidelidad con amor Charo.

The Keeles said...

lamento escribir en espanol , pero mi ingles es muy malo. Sabemos del gran esfuerzo que ustedes ha hecho a favor de la ley, Estoy segura de que Dios estubo con ustedes. Les amamos, y les agradecemos que sean tan fieles con amor Charo.

Sara said...

hey marisa, i'd love to send your family a card, email me your addy-
sbschofield@yahoo.com
have a great weekend!