
We started February with a visit from Justin's brother's family. The kids had so much fun playing together, as always the visit was way too short and the girls continue to ask when they will get to see their Utah cousins again. 
We then headed to my nephew's baptism up north and came home via San Francisco, where we stayed with a friend of mine. I love the fact that only time I can get all my family to look in the same direction is when a total stranger takes the photo. It works every time!
So my youngest sister decided we ought to have an anniversary party for our parents, it was a total last minute thing and it was so FUN. They were absolutely surprised about the whole thing! And my whole family was there...Chelsea and her family surprised all of us and drove down for the big party! Happy 36th to the BEST parents around!
Lainey and Malia started karate a few weeks ago we got a REALLY good deal on lessons at a YW camp fundraiser and they have loved their classes. They can go up to 3 times a week and the smiles on their faces is so worth it! I love that Malia now bows when she steps off the rug in our living room and says "yes mam" to me. Lyndie likes to sit on the side and try to do whatever they are doing...she and I are taking a swimming class together through her school and today she amazed me by swimming about 7 feet under water...I can't wait for our summer pool days to start again!
In honor of Dr Seuss we celebrated with Green Eggs and Ham...we had the missionaries for dinner that night so they got to join in on our birthday celebration!
Strawberry season is here again! This stand is less than 1/2 a mile from our house and they have the BEST berries you have ever eaten.
We've celebrated 2 birthdays in the last month...it's so hard to believe that our baby is 3 now. We went to Disneyland on her birthday...it was the last day of our passes and her last time to get in free! Lainey opted for a wacky olympics party which we celebrated at the park with her friends and cousins. And to think she is now 6...as my mother in law put it she's a third of the way to 18, I told her I didn't want to think about that!
6 comments:
I love the sectional!! it looks great!! it was so much fun to see you guys!! we are looking forward to seening you and spending time with the Calilfornia Browns!! Love ya!
I love your new sofa and rug. Congratulations on finding it on criagslist and being the lucky one to get it. The pictue behind the sofa is enchanting.
Very cool. I like all the pictures. Hannah is 6 1/2 and is always saying stuff like, "I'm ALMOST a teenager!" and then she proceeds to tell me about the boy in her class that she has a crush on. I'm thinking 6 is old enough - my kids can stop growing now.
It looks like you have been super busy. It was great talking to you today. Wish you lived closer! Love the sectional and the rug - so grateful for Craigslist. Can't wait to see everything done.
Wow, Marisa, this was an exceptional post on your month. . . The photos and news were delightful! Thank you for sharing it, as I'm missing you all so much. . .
The new sectional is awesome; love it and the rug, too. What a find! It will be fun to get to decorate your new family room, master bed room and bed room for the girls, too. Thanks again for your recent phone calls, Marisa. . . It means a lot to me to keep in touch. . .
Love to all the family,
Mom / Grandma Aleen
P.S. I'm so excited that you might get to see me in San Diego on April 8 (evening), 9, and 10 before our singles' cruise!
Marisa, its so good to read your blog and hear how all of you are doing. I agree with everyone else and love your sectional. The room behind it looks nothing like what I remember, very exciting to decorate and create a new space in your home.
I loved those berries last year and I'm sad I'll miss them this year. Have they already sold their jam berries? If not, let me know when that is so I can tell my parents.
Weird that Rique and Lainey are 6, it doesn't seem that long ago that we were welcoming them into our families, time flies.
Post a Comment