
Today I got a real treat, Justin took the two big girls with him to work. So it was just Lyndie and I, so I decided we would spend a few hours scouring the thrift stores, which is one of my all time favorite things to do! Ever since we have moved in I just haven't felt like our living room/family room/great room was complete. I knew that I needed another chair to complete the room but I haven't been able to find one nor have I wanted to spend much money because frankly there wasn't any money to spend! But since we have several of Justin's family coming this next month and I am hosting a baby shower I have been searching craigslist for another piece of furniture. I found a perfect loveseat but the person won't email me back! I was hoping that may be, just may be I would get lucky today. And I did! I love my new chair, throw (which matches our red couch) and tree! I asked Justin how much he thought I spend and his first guess was $45 for the chair, I told him lower at which he went to $15. Would you believe I got everything for less than $18. I was shocked when I saw the price on the chair $9.95! The guy who helped me take it out said, "Oh you get the chair that put me to sleep last night!" My room finally looks complete, and I can't wait for my mom to come over tomorrow and help me put up the curtains, they've been sitting in the garage for over a year now! I'll post a picture when we are finished.
3 comments:
Very cool! You can't find good stuff like that here... It's tragic, really.
So cute - I love those types of finds!
Wow! Great job. I love it!
Next to missing family and friends, I also miss my thrift store shopping. It just doesn't exist out here. The next best thing though is yard saling, but I imagine once it gets too cold that will end too.
Post a Comment