Wednesday, September 30, 2009

General Conference

So I am really excited for conference this weekend...the girls are getting bigger and able to understand so much more. I really want to make it meaningful for them so I have been scouring the internet for ideas...just thought I would share some that I have found.


A conference wall...I am definitely going to do this one, I plan on having the girls help me cut some pictures out of our old Ensigns tomorrow to make our pages.

This is the apostle song, we watched it for FHE the other night.

I just found this one tonight ...so many ideas! I love the idea about sleeping in a tent...right now our backyard is all dirt and totally torn apart in preparation for the addition but we are definitely going to do this one in April!

Somewhere I also read the idea of taking the center spread out of the last conference issue of the Ensign..in this case the May 09 one and posting it on the wall, then when a new person comes up to speak you find them on the poster and put a sticker on their photo. I think that we will do this one as well.

I'm off to bed....opps almost forgot one of my other favorite sites that lists all sorts of conference ideas.

4 comments:

Angela said...

You are adding on? How exciting! Is your husband doing it himself. What will you be adding on? A 4th bedroom and playroom? I guess that means you are staying where you are for a while. Good luck!

grandmaaleen said...

Marisa, it's wonderful that you've found so many ideas for making conference more meaningful for the girls! I have a packet that our Primary made for the children to use during conference, that I'll show you sometime. You probably already found the ideas on lds.org. Celeste has an online resource that she loves for Primary, Relief Society, Young Women, and teaching. (She told me it was sugardoodle.com, but I must have written it wrong. . .)

Thanks for calling me on Monday while you were at Disneyland! The girls told me that they were riding "It's a Small World" for me. . . So cute!

Enjoy a restful week. . .
Love to all!
Mamacita / Grandma Aleen

Brian said...

I can't wait until my kids even realize what general conference is. That is seriously the hardest meeting for us to attend with Max & Amy.

Brian said...

BTW, your blog is still titled "Three under three", I think it's time to change that!