Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween...almost a week later!


So somehow the past month has just passed us by. May be it's been more like the last 2 or 3. I really can't believe that it is November. The girls all planned on being witches but with all the parties we went to...4 in total! They decided to change costumes for each new occasion. Lyndie even wore the clown costume I wore as a little girl to the soccer game on Halloween day. Halloween night she insisted on wearing a pull-up which she really doesn't need, and hasn't worn since last february, and I told her only babies wear them and so she went and put on her pajamas and said she was going as "pajama girl" she wore her cowboy boots with her pajamas, unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that one but by the time we went trick-or-treating she changed back into the piglet costume.
Our last few months have been filled with school....Lainey now stays for lunch, they just started this week, and constantly wants to have a friend over to play! Malia goes to school two days a week, she loves it but always shed a few fake tears and a don't leave me...it's just a control thing! Her class just hatched eggs and they now have 11 baby chicks in their classroom. Lyndie and I go to a mommy and me class twice a week although with her very runny nose and cough she has battled the last few weeks we've missed several days. She was very excited to go to her school today.
The 2 big girls are playing soccer. This week is their last game. Lainey is really into it and we think could turn out to be a really good player. She loves to get the ball and unfortunately often takes out her own teammates to take the ball down the field. Malia is a bit more timid on the field but keeps on running and smiling. The last few weeks she has really improved and almost made a goal this last week! Malia did learn to ride her bike last week. It's still a work in progress but she is coming along.
Lyndie keeps us laughing with the things she says. The other day while we were driving she says to me, "I don't like boys, cause they pee outside." Then the next day she says, "Boys have licorice bums. They pee outside. Hannah doesn't have a licorice bum" And then she proceeds to go through all the little girls she knows and says that they don't have licorice bums. I have no idea where she came up with "licorice bum" concept.
Our house is finally under real construction! The outside shell went up in less than a week. It was amazing to see it happen! I keep thinking if we didn't have to give part of it up for a garage I could have one of those big houses like in UTAH. But I am really grateful for the space that will be ours and especially my new bathtub...Justin knows how I love to read and soak and got me this sweet tub!
We've taken a few trips to Disneyland in the last few months...got to use those passes while we have them. Luckily none of them have been repeats of the trip in August when Lainey had a febrile seizure as we were leaving and she and I had to leave in an ambulance....that was one expensive trip...we're still paying for it, the joys of being self-employed.
It's finally starting to feel a bit like fall, although we did go to the outdoor pool just last week. The nights and mornings are chilly now and the girls frequently ask for hot chocolate.
I have stayed up way too late...we're still all adjusting to the time change. The waking hour is now before 6am at our house. Aahhhhh! And NO, no one takes naps!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Loved reading the update. And that is SUCH a cute picture!

Angela said...

Your three girls are adorable in their costumes. Good luck with the home addition. I can't wait to see pictures of the progress.

Aleen said...

What fun that the girls got to wear numerous costumes this Halloween season! It is fun to dress up (I loved wearing my big nose glasses!) and they all looked adorable. . .

Thanks, Marisa, for the newsy updates. It's delightful following your countless activities. I vote for naps to resume, or at least afternoon rest time. Celeste is thrilled that Ethan has wanted to sleep each afternoon recently. You need some time to yourself, even if the girls just rest and look at books by themselves.

Try to keep the girls (especially Lyndie) milk consumption to a minimum, if they're getting colds or illnesses. Fruit juice (add plain yogurt, if desired) works well on cold cereal, instead of milk. Have them gargle with salt water to prevent disease.

Enjoy a delightful weekend, Brownies! I can hardly wait to see you all again. . .

Love eternally,
Mamacita / Grandma Aleen

Shelley Brown said...

I somehow missed that story about laniey at Disney land. How scary! I can't wait to see the finished product of your new house. I am jealous of your bathtub that sounds awesome! Miss you guys!

Laurel said...

I am so glad to hear such an awesome update! I didn't know you were planning on moving into a new home. Sweet!