For those who may think we are moving and or building a new house, we are still in the same home, just adding on. The addition will double the size of our home, but remember houses here are small, and we don't get all of the space. Part of it is a big garage for Justin to keep his work stuff in, but I am so GRATEFUL for the space and the beautiful backyard I will have. But we do get a big family room/playroom...I am still bitter about the sweet deal on a sectional couch that I missed out on that was on Craigslist today, an enlarged bedroom for the girls, and a very sweet bathroom with a jacuzi tub..complete with light therapy in it, (only because we got the floor model from the plumbing shop), I will be renting it out by the hour for those who want to use it! Or if you just come and visit I may even let you use it for FREE. When people ask when it'll all be done I just answer, SOMEDAY.
The girls have loved the remodling process, they became well versed in the names of backhoes...etc, and even got to help drive them, they love rolling in the dirt, LITERALLY, mud pigs in a new found favorite game, even Lyndie can drive a nail in a board now, one of my favorite memories is watching them slide down the dirt hill in a swimming pool. We are happy to no longer have our backyard in our frontyard, we have slowly moved all the toys back to the back but we have lots and lots of cement for bike riding and scootering!
We have already hosted Thanksgiving and 2 Elder's Quroum potlucks in our big unfinished family room, I don't what we'll use for a table once the drywall is actually up on the walls but for now it makes a really good huge table that you can fit at least 30 people around! Sadly I don't have any pictures of these events.
Justin convinced us to campout outside of an REI for an REI garage sale on the 1st of January so we could be among the first into the sale. I was a bit hesitant but it was actually really fun!
I think that's enough for now...can you believe that January 2010 has already passed?!
6 comments:
I'm glad the remodel is coming along. Loved the dirt sledding. Your girls are adorable in the picture at the top of your blog. They sure are growing up quickly.
Whether or not you blog on a regular basis you better post pictures of the finished remodeling results!
Can I use your tub? It sounds cool. Just as long as light therapy doesn't involve strobes.
Marisa! it was so much fun to see you guys!!! tell Justin thank you agian for that wonderful breakfast (which Max insist he help making ha,ha) the girls are getting so big!where did the time went!? well I guess I blinked! Thanks again!! have a great week!
Marisa,
How exciting! You'll have to post before and after pictures when the remodel is done. Your girls are so cute and are growing up so fast! I hope all is well.
~Carrie :)
YEAH!! You are back to blogging! It's been awhile. Good for you for adding on to your home. It sounds like you already love it. :)
I can't wait to see the "someday" pictures for your remodel. It all sounds amazing.
Glad you are enjoying fewer meetings or should I even type that since last Sunday's sustaining?
Post a Comment