Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miracle of miracles...


today we all made it through the entire sacrament meeting without anyone whining that they had to go to the bathroom or get a drink, everyone managed to keep their hands to themselves, and Lyndie didn't have to get taken out by Dad...I don't remember the last time this happened...in fact I don't think it has ever happened!

May be they were just all tired of the three previous days of camping but since they all managed to still wake up at 6:30am I really don't think that was the case.
We spent the last three days camping at the beach where I grew up camping as a girl. I loved watching the girls create the memories that I have as a child: riding bikes around the campground, playing in tents, climbing in Papa's trailer, hiking up to the bluff, kayaking, rolling in the sand, listening to the trains, boogie boarding, playing games, and just spending time with family and friends!

My favorite line from the trip came from my niece Addie when we were hiking up on the bluff...
I was explaining to the girls that we shouldn't get by the side because we might slip and fall into the ocean and she says, "Well unless your earring falls out." ...."No," I said, "I will buy you a new earring if it falls out. Do not go by the side, even if your earring falls out."
Malia kayaking with Dad...she is definitely the brave girl in the family!

Members of the blue nose club.

3 comments:

Aleen said...

Thank you, Marisa, for this delightful post and your photos. . . Some day we'd love to camp with you!

I am "California dreaming. . . "

Love you, Brownies!

Mamacita / Grandma Aleen

SABigler said...

nice job marisa you are the fist one to post pictures from camping

Aleen said...

Congratulations, girls, on your extra reverent attention at Sacrament meeting recently. That's a wonderful goal to accomplish each Sunday. . . Mom and Dad will be so grateful and it will help the whole family to be more united in love and cooperation.

Keep me posted when you're on your best behavior at church and Primary, Lainey, Malia, and Lyndie. . .

I love you so very much sweet grandaughters!

Grandma Aleen