
I can't believe how fast time seems to go by. I guess that means this baby will be here before we know it....yes, for those who haven't figured it out we will soon be way outnumbered by children! At least there is only one coming! Lyndie is constantly asking why I can't have twin babies and is certain that the other babies were just hiding in the ultrasound. The other days she even prayed that I could have another one next year...and, "please let it be a boy, and a girl, and a boy, and a girl." I told her didn't think that would happen and that she was asking for 4 babies and her reply was, "Well I can hold one for you Mom." We've decided to wait and be surprised as to what we are getting...since baby will be arriving around Christmastime we figured it would be the best Christmas surprise we could get this year. I have tried to tell the girls that a baby is the only thing we are getting for Christmas but they aren't going for it!
We are all into the full swing of school days. Which we have learned means our kids have to go to bed by 7:30 at the latest but there is no complaining on my part with early bedtimes. It just means we have to move a little faster at nighttime and get dinner on the table earlier.
Lyndie loves her preschool even if she tells me everyday when it is time to go that she doesn't want to go...when I assure her that she won't be able to sit and watch TV all morning and that I am going to do fun things like laundry...school suddenly becomes more appealing. She is really hoping for a baby sister and keeps telling me she wants to name the baby, "Callie Sunshine Rainbow." She starts ballet soon with her cousin Hannah and is really excited about having her own ballet class to go to.
Malia and Lainey are playing soccer again, unfortunately this is the year when they are not on the same team it only makes it difficult when there is only one of us to do games as was the case yesterday and of course they ended up playing at the same time. Lainey team plays really hard but has a hard time making goals and hasn't won a game yet. Malia's on the other hand runs down every team and usually score about 10 goals. Their coach actually has to hold them back at times so that the other team has a chance to get the ball. Malia has scored every game and thinks it is really cool!
We started piano this summer and the girls are almost both done with their first book which they think is awesome. The other day Lainey told me piano wasn't very good because you never get to show everyone what you can do like soccer where you have a game every week. I assured we could have a little recital with her cousins who are also taking lessons and invite our family to hear them play. A high school girl in our ward is teaching them lessons. I love it because she comes to our house, I am sure I could teach them but they seem to listen much better to her!
Justin spent the last week with his family in Idaho. His youngest brother came home from his mission to Argentina and he surprised him by getting on the same flight in SLC and then going to Twin Falls with him. All of his siblings were able to be there for his homecoming talk and the blessing of a new baby nephew. I really don't know how you single parents out there do it...Justin is such a part of our lives and I was counting the days until he came home! I am so lucky to have such a helpful husband! The other day I went out and found roses on the porch from him...he won't give away his sources as to how he got them there! His brother that just returned is going to come stay with us for awhile and the girls are really excited. He told them they could watch High School Musical together and I noticed today that they went and found the movie and have it waiting on their dresser so that they will know where it is when he gets here.
As I read back through this I realize it is just more of a journal entry of what we have been up to...hope it didn't bore you too much!
2 comments:
Congrats on the baby! Sounds like you are busy - I already miss the days of summer with the activities and early bedtimes at our house!
Are you kidding? These are the best kind of posts. They let me peek into your wonderful life a little deeper. :)
Starting piano with the ninos next week. *crossed fingers*
Post a Comment