
So the other day a blue whale, estimated to be over 100,000 pounds and 78 feet long decided to make it's final resting place on the shores of the beach just north of our town. After seeing it in the paper this morning we decided to make the trek north along with the rest of our city's inhabitants. Even though it was a bit difficult to determine what was the head and what was the tail, it was quite impressive to see something so large! I learned from reading the paper this morning that the blue whale is the world's largest animal and to think I got to see one! Pretty cool! Unless you were standing south of the large creature and caught it's smell!
After our whale watching expedition we decided to do a little service and stopped to help with the coastal clean-up. Apparently it is a national event on the third Saturday of September. Our Bishop was manning the booth along the highway near the whale so we stopped and we all picked up trash...I got the fun job of recording all of the items that we picked up! We learned a few things from the things we found!
After our whale watching expedition we decided to do a little service and stopped to help with the coastal clean-up. Apparently it is a national event on the third Saturday of September. Our Bishop was manning the booth along the highway near the whale so we stopped and we all picked up trash...I got the fun job of recording all of the items that we picked up! We learned a few things from the things we found!
1 comment:
Hey Marisa. I'm not sure if you remember me. We were on the Cougar Press back in '95 or maybe it was '94 but you were on Amy's list of people and I remembered you and thought I'd say hi. I used to be Rachel Aikens. Well your family is beautiful. Take care.
Post a Comment