Saturday, May 23, 2009

A rite of passage....


as much as I try to keep my kids from growing up it's happening. Yesterday Lainey woke up and was complaining about a tooth hurting, I couldn't see anything when I looked at it but when I touched it I realized it was loose! She was so excited and wanted to call everyone at 7am to tell them. All day long she wiggled it, and about every 15 minutes I had to check it to see how much looser it was. This morning she was brushing her teeth extra good when I heard a blood curtling scream....and when I got in the bathroom, lo and behold there was the TOOTH! She was a bit traumtized by the blood but once we got it stopped she was thrilled, and everyone she has seen today has heard that she lost her tooth. Even Lyndie has taken to telling people that, "Lainey's mouth fall out." For some reason her losing her tooth has made me realize how BIG and GROWN-UP she is getting!

2 comments:

melissabastow said...

My kids will probably be like me, and not lose a tooth until second grade....I felt so left out. Just look how much cooler Lainey looks with a missing tooth!!

Aleen said...

Oh yes, you and Justin are just beginning the relentless passing of time with your precious family. . . When he began Kindergarten was a special, emotional day for Darrell and me.

Even now, I stand amazed at the way an hour or often a day zooms by. . . Love to all of you Brownies !