Wednesday, February 20, 2008

6 quirky things about me...

I am finally getting around to answering these things...I had to think long and hard to decide what I would write but here it goes....

1. My feet get irritated really easy, hence why I wear sandals whenever I can or better yet, no shoes at all! Unless my feet are freezing at home I am always barefoot! If I put shoes on my girls instantly think we must be going somewhere. I think this problem first emerged on my mission, my feet would sweat so bad and they would ache. After the first two months on my mission I had a transfer and after being with my new companion who was an American, the first was from Uraguay, only a few days and my feet were in constant pain she looked at me and said, "see that phone go to it right now, call your mom and tell her to send you Doc Martens"...so that's what I did, my mom set two packages one with each shoe in them and they saved me! But my feet have never been the same since!

2. I really really dislike when cupboard doors get left open, it drives me crazy! Especially since we have self closing doors, well at least they are suppose to be, and they work great as long as you give them that intial push!

3. My sisters use to call me "Bossy Bessy Cow" since I apparently always bossed them around, but isn't that the normal thing for the oldest of 5 girls to do? When my oldest starts in on bossing, my family now calls her "bossy bessy".

4. There are very few foods that I will not eat...I love food....hence why even though I go to the gym several times a week I am not quite seeing the results I would like...I guess I need to stop eating. There are two things though that I can't not stand at all....cottage cheese and shrimp! It's all about the texture and I just can't do those two!

5. I would much rather read a good book than watch tv or a movie. There is just something magical about a book for me....my husband doesn't always understand my obbession for reading, but I have loved a good book ever since I was very little. I use to save my money when I was little and ride my bike to this awesome children's bookstore that was in our neighborhood so that I could buy myself a new book.

6. I use to dream of being a star ballerina...I loved to dance when I was younger and dreamed of bring a professional ballerina or at least a ballet teacher, but I wasn't given a ballerina's body and like I said earlier I love to eat too much!

I would love to hear what my sister's think there quirks are as well as any of my sister-in-laws so let's hear it girls! CHRISTAL, KEELY, CHELSEA, ASHLYN, CELESTE, MELISSA, DIANA, and SHELLEY

4 comments:

melissabastow said...

I can totally relate to your first two!!! (And I tend to be bossy too...) But yeah, the cupboard door thing - - SO irritating! Drawers also bug me, when they're not closed all the way. Or worse, when someone hasn't put whatever it is in the drawer or cupboard properly and so not only is it open, but something is hanging out!

Heidi said...

Mission + Feet = PAIN

I feel you.

Sara said...

Loved those! And we are so alike... Barefootness, cupboards, food, books, dancing, and bossiness...six for six!

Aleen said...

Your "quirks" were interesting and fun to read, Marisa! It helps the family to understand one another and share our lives more completely.

Lainey's creativity is delightful! It's an activity that's a "one of a kind! Keep us posted of the girls' newest activities. . . Have a delightful weekend! Love to all!