Tuesday, February 5, 2008

January came and went...

I still can't believe that we are already in the month of February here is a picture summary of what we have been up to the last few weeks...I apologize for being such a poor blogger, especially since I always love reading everyone else's posts.

1. I went away for a week to a scrapbooking retreat, I wish! Really I just pushed myself really hard at home, ignored my family and put together my 2007 family scrapbook so that I could save a few bucks on a promotional that winkflash was having. I had a few pages done already but ended up having to reformat them to fit the book and then completed another 80+ pages so that I could get the book done...my goal for this year, do each month at the end of the month so I don't have to pull late nights. I am still waiting for it to come but here's sample of one of the pages, this is from last year at the beginning of February...notice the baby still in the belly.

2. Justin finally got all the cabinet doors back from the painter and I now have doors to close in my kitchen. Doesn't it look beautiful? If only I could keep the counters that clean all the time! Justin did such an amazing job designing our kitchen. He also recently ran another water line to the refrigerator, installed a water filter, and touched up paint throughout the whole house!

3. Had a bout with the stomach flu! Hopefully it doesn't make it's way back again. My poor baby was so exhuasted that when I set her on the floor while I changed her sheets and she just fell over and went right back to sleep!

4. Had a very fun week with a visit from Grandma Aleen. The girls had so much fun playing with her, I am not sure who enjoyed the trampoline more, Grandma or the girls ? I think they went out on it everyday she was here. One of the best part of her visit for me, was that Justin surprised me with a night away. We had already made plans to go see Wicked for my birthday and he decided that since his mom was here we might as well make a "whole" night of it. I must admit I was a bit nervous but the girls had so much fun and were very well taken care of, my mom came and got the 2 big girls the next day to give Grandma Aleen a break for a few hours. The girls were just telling me this morning about how the got to have a sleepover with the sleeping bags in the living room while we were gone. Wicked was AMAZING and even Justin liked it! I can't remember the last time I got to sleep all the way through the night without being awoken! We even got to sneak in a trip to the temple, neither of us had Sunday clothes, so we got to go on a shopping spree before our spontaneous temple trip!


This is at a museum that Grandma always likes to visit when she comes to see us.



5. The girls have become very good at learning to play with one another. I love to watch them play together. Malia loves to come up with names for people, the other day she was calling Lainey, "Laineyca". Playing usually involves dragging dolls, clothes, backpacks, and blankets all over the house.


6. We have had the craziest weather this past month. When Justin's mom was here it was beautiful, sunny and even on the hot side, and the very next week is rained and poured and the Brown river in front of our front door came back. We're back to sun for the moment, but it is cool and had been a bit windy. The mountains have snow on them and I love seeing it, in our old house it was harder to see them and I have enjoyed the change of scenery this winter


7. Lainey started ballet, and couldn't be more excited! She is taking her class at the YMCA or YMCE as she calls it. The first day we went to class she had the best look on her face, it just glowed all day long! We got a membership at the Y and I have loved getting an hour or so to myself each day and I feel great!

8. Last but not least Lyndie is now an official CRUISER! She no longer crawls at all, and goes from morning to night on her two little feet. She is not that big and it is so funny to see such a little person walking around. She loves to play with her sisters and will get right in there and climb right on top of them.


I think that does it...hope you are all well!
























9 comments:

Jodi said...

Marisa I loved this post. First off your kitchen is so gorgeous! You are so lucky to have a do it all husband. Second, what a fun birthday surprise. I love that you got a shopping trip out of a temple visit. So cool. And third, I'll have to talk to you and your sisters and see what you did for your 2007 scrap books. I didn't know that you could digitally scrap pages and then submit them to wink flash. You girls are so clever.

laurdacooj said...

I love your post! I love your girls! They are beautiful! I am also completely envious of your beautiful new kitchen! Handy hubbys are so awesome! You guys are one terriffic family!

Carly said...

The kitchen is beautiful- good job to Justin! That was a fun post- thanks for the update, we have been wondering!

melissabastow said...

You scrapbooked an entire year, got your husband to finish your kitchen, saw Wicked, slept through an entire night, and your baby is walking - - your january kicks my january's butt!!!

Laurel said...

Marisa--LOVED your scrapbook pages. How do you do it? What software do you use? Your family is too darling!

katie and co. said...

Love your kitchen, Marisa! What great taste!

Rachel Mai said...

The kitchen work is AMAZING. Your scrap pages are super cute as usual. And you continue to astound me in your mothering abilities.

Sara said...

Love the cupboards and the farmhouse sink! Your life looks like it's full of lots of fun happenings!

Laura said...

way to go Marisa! A whole year album done. Let us know how it turned out when you get it back. Sorry you had to reformat the pages to get them to fit...I can't believe there's not an easier way.