Friday, February 8, 2008

FUN TIME FRIDAY

I love reading blogs, it's quick, easy, and often way too time consuming, but I still love it. One of the things that I most enjoy that I have come across are things such as works for me wednesday where people post things that work for them, the same author also hosts different giveaways, where I actually even won! Another favorite is talk to me tuesday at meckmom, who has all sorts of organizing ideas for making life easier. I also love the lazy organizer her blog is just good old fun reading material that is sure to make you laugh, and she hosts talk about tuesday and smart habit saturday.

After reading a friend's blog about being a fun mom I thought, well we could all use some ideas of how to be a "fun mom" so here are the rules: simply post an idea of something fun to do with your kids. It doesn't have to be elaborate, expensive or time consuming in fact, the cheaper, the easier, the less planning involved, and less messy is what we all need! So post away, my plan is to share something each week and I would love if you joined in as well. I am excited to see what you have to share and try it out with my kiddos!

So here is my first "FUN TIME FRIDAY" post, go paper skating. This is something that my daughter Lainey invented at our house. Wrap some paper around your feet, cover them in tape, and you've got skates. The girls had so much fun skating in the kitchen and even more fun trying to get the paper off their feet! We haven't done it in months and I think it is definitely time to try again and I think this time I will even put paper on my feet!

10 comments:

melissabastow said...

That's a great idea!! Hannah is always pretending to be skating around, she would love paper skating. I'll try to think of something for Fun Time Friday too (although, I know you read my blog, so you know I lack in that area...) But I'm really looking forward to all of your ideas!

Heidi said...

We just love to turn on the music as loud as we can and dance around the living room. It is such a fun stress-reliever and my kids love it (especially when they get to be picked up and spun around). Best song for those truly crazy days? "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor.

Tammy said...

we have cinderella saturdays. we work hard all day then eat out and play all night! the kids hate the work part (me too!) but the fun part is great!

Rachel Mai said...

I want a picture of Marisa and Justin in their paper skates! :)Great Idea to post and share Maris. I'll need all the ideas I can get.

marisa said...

your got it Rach! We'll take photos for you! I love the Cinderella Saturdays and since my girls are so into princesses I am sure we could pull this one off! Heidi, "I will survive" makes me think of Academy days! If we could survive 14 twelve year olds we certainly can survive 3 little ones!

amyndodd said...

We love the paper skates! Brooke saw the picture and wanted to try it right then. It think Kelsey loved it the most.

Ashley said...

I came across your blog while browsing today. I also had three under three. Now their ages are 4,3,and 1 1/2. People always stare at the mom with so many little ones. Truth be told I would not have done it any differently. Although I have always had a baby and now my 18 month old is sarting to act like ones of the bigger girls. *Sigh*

Heidi said...

I love it--we'll have to try it out around here!

Paper skates are a great idea for cold weather, too!

Heidi said...

Yeah, I will always think of those sweet purple robes and the awesome white boas whenever I hear that song.

I still love to dance to that one.

The Y Family said...

Hi Marisa! Love your fun idea! I received a package from Fedex, it was in a large box and was about to get rid of it when my kids claimed it as their own. They have had so much fun coloring it and cutting out windows and making it into a club house. So save a box and make a kids day!!

Love you!
~Celeste