Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Belated 4th of July to everyone...



I was in charge of the pancake breakfast at the church this year so we were all up way too early. But it was a huge success and I think my plea to my ward members that I wanted to get to the parade with my little ones got most everyone there on time! Amazing how you can get people to the church at 8 in the morning when food is involved...may be we need to start offering food in the morning on Sundays too! Luckily I have a great couple from the other ward who helped out tremendously and even let us take off before it was all cleaned up so that we could get the girls to the parade. The girls had a great time riding their bikes and did a good job not running into the backs of people walking in front of us. Justin and Lyndie met us towards the end of the parade, they watched most of it and Lyndie picked up candy on the street before they came and met us.
We all just kind of hung around in the afternoon and they about 4 the boys started to put the swingset together. I know that Justin enjoyed having some extra able bodies to help him and I was on Lyndie duty most of the time!
We finished just in time to go drive up on the hill and watch the fireworks, the big girls both crashed as soon as they got in the car and missed the whole show. Malia woke up the next morning and said, "Mom, we didn't see the fireworks!"
We made a quick stop at In-N-Out for some all AMERICAN hamburgers.

Project 4th of July: SWINGSET
I am now thinking that I was a bit crazy for wanting a swingset as we have to keep a 24/7 surveillance on the backyard with Lyndie around!
Malia loved working with Daddy, she got pretty good at putting the screws in!


Lainey seems to believe that clothes are optional...
and most of the time they are if you are under 4 feet tall at our house!

Everyone was ready to swing, even the big BOYS!



5 comments:

Jeff Brown said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! I can't wait to play on the new swing set some day!!!

Shelley

grandmaaleen said...

That was an ambitious project, even for a "crew" of three! What a wonderful high quality swing set and a bargain price. Thanks Quentin, Darren,and Justin for your "sweat equity!"

Marisa, I couldn't get these newest photos to enlarge like usual. Should they? They're awesome poses!

Hugs and love to all,
Mom / Grandma Aleen

marisa said...

I couldn't get them to open bigger either...I am not sure why.

laurdacooj said...

Yea for cool fun men & swingsets & cute fun kids! Looks like lots of fun! We talked alot about calling you guys because we LOVE our wonderful Rasmussen friends, and then it was too crazy... our 1 day in Santa Barbara! Lizzy just had her baby today, so hopefully we'll all come out for the blessing... whenever that occurs! - You look great too! I love your anniversary post- you are so sweet!

Lara said...

K i ran across your blog and I have to say that you're SO talented!!