So there are some advantages to getting to be the one to help organize a youth conference for 400 youth and adults! This past weekend I helped our stake with our multi-regional youth conference that our staked hosted for the first time ever. Through a woman in my ward we were able to get in touch with Nancy Hanson. If you remember back to your BYU college days of Peter Brienholt concerts, I am sure that you will remember Nancy. She is the woman who joins along with Peter for a song or two and sings the "itsy bitsy spider song" about an old flame! Well she was suppose to sing at our youth conference on Friday evening but getting kids under control at the beach just wasn't going to happen...so she came and sang a few songs before our testimony meeting and then offered to sing for a group on Saturday or Sunday evening.
I offered my house and so Sunday night we hosted a "summer concert fireside" for our family, some friends, and the youth of our ward. It was so much fun! It was just like my good old BYU days when you snuggled under a blanket, under the open sky, with a setting sun and listened to good music! The only difference this time was all the kiddos running around in the background! It sure is good that Justin reinforced the swing set as it got lots of use, by lots of kids!
Her friend Merlin brought up his sound system from the LA area and sang a few songs too. It was one of those nights that you just didn't want to end!
5 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a blast!!
How fun is that! Glad you had a private concert in your own backyard!
I posed a comment on Christal's blog but am not sure if she wants to. I'll be in Ventura July 24- Aug 1 if you or any of your sisters are interested in earning free prints and hosting a Piggies and Paws party! If you are, e-mail me tricia@surftheweb.com
I haven't been to your blog for a long time. It looks like you are having a fantastically, crazy, busy summer. I love it. PS Your scrapbook pages are amazing. What a wonderful hobby and talent.
That must have been really fun! You blog sure is cute and your scrapbooking is awesome!!
Marisa, Thanks for the tip on the connect pass, I hadn't heard about it.. looks fun!! when you guys come sometime we need to do that!!
Post a Comment