I just heard the rain and had to let the dog into the garage. We have been hearing all week now that a huge storm is coming, I wonder if it will really live up to everything they say it's going to be. They were certainly right about the waves on Wednesday.
A huge swell came in on Wednesday and we went to the beach with about half the town, to watch the waves. We even got to see a lifeguard jump off the pier to save some "brave" or should we say "stupid" soul who thought it would be fun to try and surf in it. It was pretty cool to see the waves come one right after another and to see them so big. Apparently my brother in law even tried to brave them in an area where the surf is generally milder and "saw his life flash before him" or at least that is what I was told. Most of the pier was closed off and the waves literally were hitting the top of the pier. I have never seen them that high that I can remember. Here is a photo from that day, I need to get my mom's pictures as her's are much better. Along with all the people at the beach there were also several news stations and helicopters hoovering over the beach that morning.

3 comments:
We're getting tons of rain, too. I love it! But it's pretty cold here, so that offsets my love of the rain.
What a beautiful place to live!
your girls are so beautiful! We sure miss you guys! Yea, Lizzy is expecting her third this in June. How is life, it looks glorious!!
Love you all!!
What beach is that??? It looks just like one that we visited in California last summer. Does this look familiar?
http://laragallagher.com/blog/2006/12/more-than-you-wanted-to-know-about-our.html
Post a Comment